Section 1. Your Privacy
Section 2. How We Use Your Private Information
- 2.1 Email Address. When you sign up for our mailing lists, a Deal Dozen account, or other service or promotion that requires registration, you will be required to provide a valid email address. We will only use this email address to contact you as part of the transaction process, to send you periodic emails that you have signed up for, or for purposes that are intended to enhance your user experience. We may also occasionally contact you to obtain feedback on a specific merchant deal in which you have participated. We will not share your contact information with third parties, except as provided in Section 6.1. Deal Dozen will generally ask you to indicate whether or not you want to receive certain types of email communication from us, and we will adhere to your preferences unless we consider a particular communication to be absolutely necessary. Emails will generally contain a link at the bottom to be removed from our mailing list.
- 2.2 Name. When purchasing a voucher, you may be required to provide the full name of the person who will use it, whether that will be you or the person to whom you plan to transfer the voucher. We will only share this name with the merchant listed on that voucher. Your full name may be used by the merchant for the purposes of verifying that the voucher is valid. We will also collect your full name during the checkout process to verify your credit card payment information. When signing up for our mailing lists, a Deal Dozen account, or other services or promotions that require registration, you may also be asked to provide your name at that time so that we can personalize all communications you receive from us.
- 2.3 Financial Information. For certain services, such as our merchant deals, we also request credit card or other payment account information which are maintained by our payment processor in encrypted form on secure servers. We do not share this information with any third party except the companies responsible for processing our credit card transactions.
- 2.4 Demographic Information. We will occasionally collect demographic data, such as zip code, gender, and occupation. Providing this information is typically optional but helps us bring you better deals. We use this data to help determine which deals our users would most appreciate. We may also share this data with third parties, such as merchants featured on our site; however, no third party will be able to trace your personal demographic information back to you unless you have separately given your permission to do so.
- 2.5 Information Collected from Third Parties. We may combine information you submit under your account with information from other Deal Dozen services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we will give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- 2.5.1 Facebook. By logging into the Site using your Facebook credentials, you will be giving Deal Dozen access to certain general personally identifying information stored in your Facebook profile. We will not view or store any data available to us from your Facebook profile without first obtaining your consent. You will be able to select what information we obtain from Facebook when registering for your Deal Dozen account. At various times on Deal Dozen.com, you will be able to share our content with your Facebook friends. We do not view or store lists of your friends, nor do we view or store the specific messages that you send to your friends. However, we may record the number of times that particular content has been shared.
Section 3. Sharing functionality
- 3.1 At various times, you will be able to share content on our site using the share feature. We do not view or store the specific messages that you send through this feature, but we may record the number of times that particular content has been shared.
Section 4. Cookies, GIF Images and Unique URLs
- 4.2 GIF Images. Deal Dozen may also use transparent GIF images in emails we send to you. We use these images to track the viewership of emails we send.
- 4.3 Unique URLs. Deal Dozen may also create unique links in emails that enable us to track on which emails you click.
Section 5. Your IP Address
- 5.1 We may occasionally collect and store your IP address. This helps us diagnose problems with our servers, administer our site, gather non-personally identifying information about our users, and detect and prevent fraudulent activity.
Section 6. Information sharing
- 6.1 Deal Dozen only shares your personally identifying information with other companies or individuals outside of Deal Dozen in limited circumstances.
- 6.1.1 Consent. Except as provided in Section 6.1.2, we require your consent before we share any of your personally identifying information.
- 6.1.2 Disclosure to Third Parties.
- 188.8.131.52 We may provide personally identifying information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personally identifying information on our behalf.
- 184.108.40.206 We reserve the right to transfer or assign the personally identifying information we have collected from you in the event Deal Dozen is acquired by, or mergers into, a third party, or in the event we undergo any other form of reorganization. In certain limited circumstances, our business partners may have a contractual right to obtain a copy of your contact information and to contact you if Deal Dozen is unable to fulfill our contractual obligations to those parties.
- 220.127.116.11 We may share your personally identifying information when we believe in good faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Deal Dozen, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Section 7. Usage Information
- 7.1 Deal Dozen may also collect non-personally identifying, aggregated information about subscribers’ use of our site. This information is not personally identifiable and will only be used to find out how visitors to our site use our service. For example, we may view how much time users spend on our site, from which other sites users came, and which links to external sites have been used, among other things. We may share this data with third parties in an aggregated, non- personally identifying form. Such information does not identify you individually.
Section 8. How to access and update your personal information
- 8.1 Although we take reasonable steps to ensure that all data we use is accurate, we depend on our users to update or correct their personally identifying information whenever necessary. We make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personally identifying information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Section 9. Our Security Precautions
- 9.1 We take the security of your personally indentifying information seriously. We use secure server software, known as an SSL certificate, intended to ensure that sensitive personal and financial information is encrypted. We require all of our third party partners to use similar technology.
Section 10. Links to other websites